[pcductape] Re: I have finally figured out how to sign my email. Of course I have to send this silly

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:17:44 -0600

Hi Trapper,

Yep, spell checker says your words are spell ok too.  I've never heard of Oy,
so I used google and it points to http://www.outokumpu.com/, a company in
Sweden.
I looked up Yawp and it points to hard rock music in Amsterdam,
http://www.yawp.nl/.   Gosh, no wonder I've not heard of those words here in
Texas.

Allright, now my feelings are hurt.   I cannot find opps nor oops in the
dictionary.  So, what I meant was that I had made a mistake, a silly little
mistake with no evil intent.   Of course the word "mistake" is in the
dictionary and when one looks up the "Synonyms", one gets a large numbers of
words he can use to mean a silly little mistake.   I like the word "boo-boo".
:-)

Carl
ps, below is the list of Synonyms:
  Entry:   mistake
  Function:   noun
  Definition:   error
  Synonyms:   aberration, bloomer, blooper, blunder, boner, boo-boo, bungle,
confusion, delusion, erratum, false move, false step, fault, faux pas, flub,
fluff, gaffe, goof, howler, illusion, inaccuracy, inadvertence, lapse,
misapplication, misapprehension, miscalculation, misconception,
misinterpretation, misjudgment, misprint, misstatement, misstep,
misunderstanding, muddle, neglect, omission, overestimation, oversight, slight,
slip, slip-up, snafu, solecism, trip, typo, underestimation,   addle, be wrong,
blunder, botch, bungle, confound, confuse, deceive oneself, err, fail, get
wrong, goof, jumble, lapse, misapprehend, miscalculate, misconceive,
misconstrue, miscount, misdeem, misinterpret, misjudge, misknow, misread, miss,
misunderstand, not know, omit, overestimate, overlook, slip, slip up, snarl,
take for, tangle, underestimate,  boner, boo-boo, bungle, error, faux pas,
fluff, gaffe, impropriety, indecorum, lapse, mistake, slip, solecism, trip,
blow, bobble, bollix, botch, bumble, bungle, confuse, err, flounder, flub, foul
up, fumble, gum up, louse up, lurch, mess up, misjudge, mistake, muff up, screw
up, slip up, stumble, blend, clutter, confound, disarrange, disarray,
discombobulate, discreate, disorder, disorganize, embroil, encumber, entangle,
intermingle, involve, jumble, litter, mess up, mingle, mistake, muddle, muss
up, rumple, snarl up, tangle, tousle, tumble   abashment, ado, anarchy,
astonishment, bustle, clutter, commotion, complexity, complication,
consternation, daze, difficulty, disarray, discomposure, dislocation,
disorganization, distraction, emotional upset, ferment, fog, fracas, haze,
hodgepodge, imbroglio, intricacy, jumble, labyrinth, mess, mistake, muddle,
mystification, pandemonium, perturbation.