[pcductape] Re: Huh?

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:45:32 +0200

Probably while installing the program [second time round] it changed a dll on the system which for various sane reasons was not deleted during the uninstall - normal installs do not change dll's [and similar files] if the version that is on the comp is later than the one being installed.
Therefore this seems a logical reason why you are still getting that error.

Solution - would be hard to find which exactly dll it is - there are tools out there but would be hard to find the culprit.
Easiest do a sys restore - if you have one.

Lisa Schnepf wrote:

Hi Bob,

 Originally, I had version 3 and it worked fine, but a newer version
came out.  I downloaded and installed the newer version, which had the
runtime error.  Uninstalled, rebooted and went back to version 3. Now
version 3 has the runtime error, too, when it didn't before. How does
that happen?

Lisa