[pcductape] Html lesson-1 & an intro to HTML

  • From: "Debb" <lillearners@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:36:10 -0500

HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language.  It is essentially a
scripting language that 'marks up' a page with formatting commands.
These commands are then interpreted by a Web browser and sent to your
screen.
Web Browser - a computer program that interprets HTML commands to
collect, arrange, and display the parts of a Web page.
Now I use BOTH IE (Internet Explorer) and Netscape Communicator as my
browsers.  The way your webpage LOOKS in different browsers will be
DIFFERENT.  So it's always a good idea to view your page with the
different browsers.  Also some codes do not work with some browsers.
What browser are  you using??

1.  Get a notebook or some paper to keep in a safe place to write down
various passwords and basic html coding in.  Also, make yourself a
folder
somewhere online - in your email or wherever to save important
emails.

2.  Go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/home/ and  look under Get Started
& click on the word free
Then click on Sign up now.

3.  This takes you to a page where you have to fill out a form to get
Yahoo!ID     Choose
your
own unique ID (this will show up in your URL) and password and WRITE
IT
DOWN!!  You will automatically get a Yahoo email address.  For
example, my
ID is llcare2. Your ID and
password will allow you to access  your new webpage.

5.  When you get this far, privately email me your
Yahoo
ID and your password.

7.  Go to http://us.geocities.yahoo.com/filemanager and bookmark
it!!!!
This is where you will go everytime you want to work on your webpage.

Debb
See My Ebay listings!