[pcductape] Re: How to prevent the worm from using the email database

  • From: "Elaine Bradshaw" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:58:03 +0100

Your right Martha and now some of them have there own email clients such as
the W32/Sobig-A its a worm that uses a built-in SMTP client and local
Windows network shares to spread the virus.
have a read of these links
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sobiga.html

all one can say is make a point of virus checking your machine daily and
make sure your antivirus is updated even if you have to check for updates
once a day.

Good luck

Elaine