[pcductape] Re: How to make a website

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:59:39 +0200

Scott,

I would not use any of those {word etc] programs for creating web pages - just for starters you will have as an end result bloated code, furthermore adding anything later on will be a hassle.
Lets all be serious for a sec - and help Carl build the best webpages that he can.
A webpage is another side of yourself - what would you prefer me to look at?,  a webpage or webpages made by yourself sloppily or the same but made the best you can????  After all, having met you only on the web this is the only way I could judge you - and as you well know - first impressions last.
Beyond that, I can safely assume that the web pages that Carl posts are going to change every now and then, being updated, added upon and so on and so forth - so why make it difficult when we can make that process as easy as possible?

Scott McNay wrote:
Hi Carl,

Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 4:34:26 AM, you wrote:

C> I do have
C> Office XP but I do not see FrontPage.   I must not have installed
C> it.   I do not like Office products;   too slow.

FrontPage does not come with all versions of Office.

If Word is what you're accustomed to, it's capable of saving files in
HTML format; it's one of the Save As options.  Most or all of the
other Office programs are able to also.

--Scott.

TTFN – Vic /

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
 to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
 to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better;

To unsubscribe from this list send an email to pcductape-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface. To view the message archives simply go to: http://www.freelists.org/archives/pcductape/ Take a look at our homepage at http://pcductape.freewebpage.org/