[pcductape] Re: How does Google search?

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:02:48 +0200

As a fledgling webmaster and one that works at an ISP I can tell you that
every week or so if I look in the logs I can se that the google spider [a
bot] has come to visit.

Websites can be locked down and disallow the bot to "scan" the website - but
the bot will still pick up lots of info from the URL, the page titles, and
header tags etc.

The only webpages that Google will never find are company internal Intranet
webpages - all the rest eventually will end up in Googles database. [Which,
thinking about it must be huge / gigantic. I wonder what they run their
database on and what type of database server - I am sure it must be at least
a 4 processor machine].

TTFN - Vic

  _____