[pcductape] Re: How does Google search?

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:35:53 -0500

Hi Carl,
The verse says "and if by reason of strength".  We aren't given a definition
of "strength".  Obviously it refers to bodily strength to endure (not
muscle).  That is different for different folks.  Some genetic, some by way
to medical science, some by the way they take care of themselves.

I'm with Chuck though.  The fireworks of 2076 promise to be awesome.  I'm
going right out and buy myself a ticket on the front row.  =)

As for your question about search engines, every web site is actually
numerical IP address.  The names, like google.com, are for humans to
remember.  For example, type 216.239.37.99 into the address line of your
browser. See where it takes you.
So, when google "crawls" a web site, they store certain information in a
database.  General information, like the title of the page, the text of the
page, the URL, the IP, last time they crawled it, etc.  They when you search
for something it looks in its database for matches and displays those
matches.  Everything is stored as text so it doesn't take up as much space
as you would think.