[pcductape] How does Google search?

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:34:14 -0500

Hi Pam,

Thanks.   So that verse is telling us if we eat right and exercise daily, then
we "may" live to be eighty.

Hey, I just found another use for Google.   I did a search for "seventy years"
and it did return several url's concerning the Bible.   I went to one of the
url and it would not let me in unless I "joined" or registered for the website
(a Bible site).   I wonder how the search engine works on a restricted site;
what if the website does not want to be "searched"?

That info brings to mind "How does Google or any search engine do the search?"
I use to think that a search engine went from computer to computer to computer
via telephone lines, cable, etc.   Now, I don't think so.   But the other
obvious method is not conceivable because of space requirement;   in other
words, does Google have all the URL's of the world in a single computer's
database;   is that possible?