[pcductape] Re: How do I stop Windows Installer?

  • From: Trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:24:39 -0800

I never think to go to MS for help. Somehow the two words don't equate.
I always come here..I start in here and finsh in here. Use to belong to a whole
bunch of stuff..You know back in the learning days...but I quit everyone else
and this is the only gang I now use for everything. 9 times out of 10 I get
what I need right here.
Carl is right..we are the backbone of the industry.Here I don't get attitude. I
dont get put on hold, I dont get that stupid voice mail stuff where by the time
I get to whereever I had forgotten who or what. For the most part I get what I
need, and when I need it and from some great folks. This group has the right
attitude, its a winner and I knew that from back when. All other groups are
trying to copy us. Here we get help..we share with each other..know about
personal stuff, have feelings! We swap stuff out, visit each other etc..they
don't have that with other groups.
Call tec support and they blame the product or MS..call MS and they blame the
tech support and when they can't blame each other anymore they blame you. In
the end it is always you. In the meanwhile your problem doesn't get solved and
their to busy tellin us how great and wonderful they are..ha!
I honestly believe from day one that our secret lies in the fact that we share,
explain and help out in a very non techie way. Often personal stuff and hmor
will be included in our conversations while trying to solve a real problem.
True sometimes we just want the dang problem fixed and to heck with the stories
about aunt maltilda and the long winded letters. It has its place and time.