[pcductape] Re: How do I stop Windows Installer?

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:27:08 +0200

Good luck man.

This is what HD recovery firms do - though they use top notch tools and open the HD and do it platter by platter with very sensitive equipment.
That is also why even deleted stuff can be found on your HD's - there is almost always some residual electro charge left behind - very very very microscopic charges - that can sometimes be detected.

This is also the reason why top level security demands that deleted stuff be deleted along with a 7 times write over of 0's and 1's. Of course in the normal run of things in a simple office or home this is uncalled for.

Trapper wrote:

ALL SAID WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK Scott.& Victor and Carl.
Last thing I want to do at this moment is to get anyone mad at me..I am broke down..remember..ha!
I know I am doind this the hardway, but I am slowly piecing my Hd back together going at it sector by sector and reading the hex.
Winxp starts up the Ez regardless.
All software designed for this problem all point to me having to re-format..So far I have refsed to believe that. So I am still at it..Yawp!