[pcductape] Re: Hosts file

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:53:57 -0600

Hi Bob,
Hi Pam,
Hi Trapper,

Bob is right. The host file only contains the number 127.0.0.1; see my hosts file contents below.
However, I also have a hosts file in the Spybot directory and it shows 1,019 websites are with the number 127.0.0.1 before it. I guess Spybot is redirecting those websites probes to a loop?
HOSTS:
Located at c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>