[pcductape] Re: Hosts file

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:24:35 -0600

Hi Bob,
Well, winsock repair didn't help me. Didn't expect it would but willing to
try it.
I'm going to try what you describe below but I do not expect this to be the
problem, for several reasons:

1/ Sometimes the page just doesn't finish rendering; missing graphics,
partial backgrounds, and often I see the code instead of the rendering.

2/ The domains it tries to use to resolve a URL with are absolutely always
always a site I've been to.

3/ Sometimes it tries to resolve a current URL on a domain that I have not
visited since I emptied the cache, but still a site I have been to.
examples: sites I've built, web hosts of clients, places I read articles,
MS, zone.com, etc.

I'll let you know what I find.