[pcductape] Re: Hello - is this list alive?

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:28:48 -0600

IT stands for Information Technology.  It doesn't refer to anything or
anyone specifically.
Below is a decent definition of what it means, found at whatis.com

IT  is a term that encompasses all forms of technology used to create,
store, exchange, and use information in its various forms (business data,
voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia
presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived). It's a
convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the
same word. It is the technology that is driving what has often been called
"the information revolution."