[pcductape] Re: Header of email

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carl <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:34:11 -0500

Hi Carl,

Friday, June 13, 2003, 7:12:19 AM, you wrote:

C>> Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine for it's lists.    Does this mean that I did
C>> not get the bugbear virus from Pcductape list?    I use Time Warner Road

Something else to keep in mind is that it uses an old vulnerability
(in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, I think) that was fixed
about 2 years ago; hopefully you've been keeping your systems
reasonably up-to-date.

Most of the bugs that have appeared lately have been hitting systems
that have not been updated, often using quite old vulnerabilities.