[pcductape] Re: HTML Test 2 now networking with Win2k

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:33:05 -0600

MessageOk, here goes.  I have a Win2k box acting as server, with a win98
client and a winXP client.  Not too long ago I took the Win98 box offline
because of some trouble it is having, totally unrelated to this problem.  I
had an older nic in the Win2k box that only allowed 10 Mbps speed.  It ran
perfectly, ICS worked just fine, only problem was speed.  I installed a new
nic, no problem... so I thought. If I leave the XP box set to obtain IP
automatically, which is how it was set with the old nic on the server, then
it can't find the server.  But if I set the IP manually then they both can
see each other, I can share all files, access the printer, etc., but when
set to manual the ICS doesn't work.  I'm sure it is something I overlooked
because I am NOT a network person, but I went as far as my knowledge can go
to find out what I didn't set correctly.
Any suggestions/guidance definitely appreciated.

  Ask away - If I don't know - someone at work will defnitly know and I can
ask him, he's my boss - LOL

  TTFN ? Vic

  Does anyone have experience networking using Win2k and the server?  I have
a question but not going to go into it if no one is able to help.  Win 2k
handles networking very different than Win 98 does.