[pcductape] Re: HTML Test 2 now networking with Win2k

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:09:58 -0600

Hello Pam,

P> All I remember doing the first time for ICS to work is 2 things, first set
P> the XP machine to obtain IP automatically from the 2kPro machine, second
P> click a simple check box that says Enable ICS.

P> Enable ICS is checked, and the XP box cannot find the 2kPro box if I set it
P> to obtain IP automatically.  Beyond that, you are gonna have to tell me what
P> "all of the ICS stuff on the Win2K box" you are referring to.

1. Uncheck the box.

2. Look in the network devices (go to Networking in the Control Panel),
and remove anything that mentions ICS, if there is anything.

3. Once done, restart.

4. Go check the box again.

5. Restart again, just to be paranoid.  Restart the XP machine also,
just to be paranoid.

Hope it works.  :)

Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx