[pcductape] Re: HP machine

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:08:19 -0500

Thanks De. What OS did you change to?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:32 PM
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [pcductape] Re: HP machine

  In a message dated 5/17/04 8:47:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I think you'll need to know the model number and then go to
    http://www.hp.com/ and look it up for specs and drivers, etc.

   Hi Pam
     Yes if you go to the HP site you can get information about the model
you are working with. There are drivers there too.
     Here is what I did when I changed an OS on a HP machine.
     Before I installed the other OS I looked through all of the hardware,
wrote down all necessary information concerning the hardware componets, then
formatted the drive and installed the new OS. Whatever drivers the new OS
did not pick up on I went back to the HP site and entered what type (brand)
of hardware card and then I downloaded those drivers for that OS / card, I
used drivers from other HP models to make some of the hardware work. The
machine worked flawlessly when I was done.