[pcductape] Re: HP machine

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:32:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/04 8:47:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think you'll need to know the model number and then go to
> http://www.hp.com/ and look it up for specs and drivers, etc.

  Hi Pam
    Yes if you go to the HP site you can get information about the model you
are working with. There are drivers there too.
    Here is what I did when I changed an OS on a HP machine.
    Before I installed the other OS I looked through all of the hardware,
wrote down all necessary information concerning the hardware componets, then
formatted the drive and installed the new OS. Whatever drivers the new OS did
pick up on I went back to the HP site and entered what type (brand) of
hardware card and then I downloaded those drivers for that OS / card, I used
from other HP models to make some of the hardware work. The machine worked
flawlessly when I was done.