[pcductape] HP machine

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pcductape" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:36:47 -0500

Hi all,
I have an HP brand computer, about 2 yrs old, haven't booted it up yet to
see any specifics. It's currently running WinME and has one problem after
another. He brings it to me, I get it stablized, give it back and in a month
or 2 it's doing odd things again. I believe it is a combination of
inexperienced user, AOL, and WinME, and not a hardware problem.  He asked me
to put a better OS on it and take him off of AOL and put him on a normal
ISP.  I don't want to try putting XP on it because he doesn't want to have
to replace a bunch of hardware that XP won't get along with, so we're going
to go with Win2000, still yet to be purchased.
Does anyone know of an easy/fast way for me to get a list of and locate the
proper drivers for all the hardware in an HP machine?