[pcductape] HP Pavilion

  • From: nick bates <allstate@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:29:25 -0400

I'm trying to install win 98 SE on my son's hp pavilion 8086. I've fdisk, formated, partitioned, wiped, and zaped the hd at least five times. It seems to take w98se until reboot and that stupid HP screen comes up. Then it aske's boot from hard drive or cd rom (1 or 2). After picking either one a message that windows\system\vmm32.vxd is missing or corrupt. After that I have to start over as it won't do anything.

Any help would be appreicated as I'm stuck. It's a 450 cpu, 1.2 hd, 128 meg