[pcductape] Re: Google's new email under fire

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Trapper <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:02:15 -0500

Hi Trapper,

Saturday, April 10, 2004, 8:00:02 PM, you wrote:

T> LikeI say I did not read the entire article, so I may be unjust and spouting
T> off about nothing here. Just know from what I read that a lot of folks are
T> unhappy with it already. Is it bad press..I don't know. I am happy with my
T> outlook express, so I don't need a change.

I honestly think there's nothing to complain about, with regard to the
manner in which they choose to insert ads. The email is scanned for
viruses, scanned for spammishness, and ... scanned to determine what
kinds of ad to include. I don't see what the big deal is, aside from
your dislike of ads. As long as you ARE getting ads, I don't see that
it makes the slightest difference if they're targeted or not. It's all
automated anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the scanning is trivial
compared to the actual insertion of ads, thus modifying he email,
which is something that all of the free email services do anyway.