[pcductape] Re: Google's new email under fire

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Trapper <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:15:55 -0500

Hi Trapper,

Saturday, April 10, 2004, 10:30:26 AM, you wrote:

T> why are people complaining about them holding on to those messages long
T> after they have deleted them.?

That's a European Union complaint.

T> My point is no matter who they are or what they give me I would only use
T> them as a last resort because of the selective ads they place and because of
T> their holding on to msgs. I don't like ads. I get bombarded with them all
T> day every place I go..I wouldn't care if they threw in the Brooklyn Bridge.

I don't see YOU offering to pay.

It costs money for SOMEONE -- electricity, server, location, bandwidth, support.

Yes, someone here can run it on their system at home, but that means
it'll be down whenever they upgrade or reinstall or whatever, and if
they leave for some reason, the list is dead.

I like FreeLists because there's little of the chit-chat.  WITH the
chit-chat, I get hundreds of emails; if I want chit-chat, I'll go to a
chit-chat list.