[pcductape] Re: Gator and/or OfferCompanion

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:57:23 -0600

Hi Pam,

There is a very nice article on how to remove gator at:

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/howto/story/0,24330,3389395,00.html
and the main issue is ad-aware.   It seems ad-aware is the software that will
remove gator.
  Removing Gator isn't hard, but it requires downloading a program called
Ad-aware. This program scours your computer inside and out, checking for any
known spyware or "adware" components. Ad-aware gives you the option to delete
anything it finds and remove it from your system.
Another interesting website on gator is at:
http://www.pchell.com/support/gator.shtml.

    From: Carl Martin <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: feedback question
    Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:04:39 +0000

    Carl Martin (ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:

    At one time I downloaded gator.exe on my home computer and something has
    happened to prevent me from loading Internet Explorer IE6 and Windows
    Explorer.   I am using a Windows XP operating system.   Can you provide
    the procedures how to remove gator.exe?

    Carl Martin
    ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR
    1.0.3705)