[pcductape] Re: Gator and/or OfferCompanion

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:50:06 -0500

Carl: I have run into a lot of machines that gator will not show under
add\remove programs but it is still there. The first thing I do is change
the view folder options to show all files and folders and then do a search
for gmt.exe and then delete that. Upon reboot then all of a sudden it will
show under add\remove programs. I edit the registry also to remove tracks
and it has a gsstartup that puts itself in all users profiles under startup,
I delete this also. It is an interesting one to get rid of. :>) I do think
you have it and you need to comeup in safemode and change your folder
options and then search for it. I also need to see your processes running,
this will tell us a lot more then msconfig. :>) Dave

From: Carl Martin < ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
Subject: feedback question
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:04:39 +0000

Carl Martin ( ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ) writes:

At one time I downloaded gator.exe on my home computer and something has
happened to prevent me from loading Internet Explorer IE6 and Windows
Explorer.   I am using a Windows XP operating system.   Can you provide
the procedures how to remove gator.exe?

Carl Martin
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR