[pcductape] Re: Gator and/or OfferCompanion

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:46:03 -0600

If it's the same as it used to be, just uninstalling via the normal
uninstall methods is not enough.  The trouble maker part of gator remains on
your machine.  At one time, gator offered a download (some lawsuit forced
them to provide it). This download removed the reg entries and other stuff
that the uninstall did not.  Apparently they don't feel the need to offer
that anymore.  Try google.com, for "remove gator" and see what you come up
with.
  From: Carl Martin <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: feedback question
  Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:04:39 +0000

  Carl Martin (ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:

  At one time I downloaded gator.exe on my home computer and something has
  happened to prevent me from loading Internet Explorer IE6 and Windows
  Explorer.   I am using a Windows XP operating system.   Can you provide
  the procedures how to remove gator.exe?

  Carl Martin
  ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR
  1.0.3705)