[pcductape] Gator and/or OfferCompanion

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:39:46 -0600

Hi Pam,

Below is an email message from Gator.   I have already unistalled gator and it
does not appear under "add/remove Programs".  Tonight I will seek
OfferCompanion;   maybe a registry hack.

Depending on which version of Gator eWallet you have, you may or may not
have OfferCompanion installed along with Gator eWallet, you can uninstall
either (or both) program(s) using the steps below.

To uninstall Gator eWallet, follow these steps,

>From the Windows Start button, select Settings and then Control Panel.

When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Add/Remove
Programs icon.

Locate Gator eWallet (note it may be labeled either Gator or Gator eWallet
depending on which version of Gator eWallet you have installed) in the
list of installed programs, click on it one time and then click on the
Add/Remove button.

Follow the on screen instructions*, when the uninstall program has
completed, close all open windows.

*During the uninstall there is a check box for "Delete User Information"
or "Erase the information that the Gator eWallet has stored on your
computer" (depending on which version of Gator eWallet you have
installed), check this box if you would like user information (name,
address, login ID / password combinations, etc.) that is stored in Gator
eWallet removed along with the program.

To uninstall OfferCompanion use the same process, except locate
OfferCompanion in the list of installed programs instead of Gator eWallet.

Original Message Follows:
From: Carl Martin <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: feedback question
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:04:39 +0000

Carl Martin (ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:

At one time I downloaded gator.exe on my home computer and something has
happened to prevent me from loading Internet Explorer IE6 and Windows
Explorer.   I am using a Windows XP operating system.   Can you provide
the procedures how to remove gator.exe?

Carl Martin

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR