[pcductape] GINA Logon error

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:28:51 -0600

Hi Group,

My Windows XP Professional machine has an error message when I reboot that is
nagging me.   The message is: "GINA Logon: winlogon.exe - Application error.
"The instruction at "0x00c72740" referenced memory at "0x0000001b".   The
memory could not be written.    Click OK to terminate the program.   Click on
Cancel to debug the program.   OK"

When I click OK to terminate the program, the computer reboots;   when I click
on Cancel to debug the program, the computer loads ok.   A search at google
revealed that GINA is a "Graphical Identification and Authentication" module
for Windows 2000;   I'm running xp prof.    Even more confusing is when I do a
search at www.microsoft.com knowledge database and it tells me " RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000. "

What is going on?    How do I fix the machine to avoid that error message?   Do
I get a "service pack" for Windows 2000 or Windows xp professional?