[pcductape] Re: Fwd: VirusList.com : New Viruses To Look Out For!

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:32:18 -0600

Ditto! (Except for the off and on part).
But they aren't #1 in sales though.  They aren't as well known, which I
don't understand because the 2 big guys (Norton, and McAfee) charge you a
yearly renewal fee, and don't always protect you 100%, but PC-Cillin doesn't
charge a renewal fee and have been 100% (at the site I sent to the list)
since atleast 1999.

Pam

  That's because they are number one.  I've been using them off and on for
years now.  And, knock wood, we've never gotten a virus.

  Cheers!
  Sandi

    Hi Pam,
    Interesting.
    And the biggest customer of PC-Cillin is the US Government.   :-)
    Carl

      Hi Steve,
      This site is an excellent resource for virus' and trojan information,
not on
      the virus's themselves, but on the anti-virus programs that people
use.  It
      gives you an idea of which offer the best protection.  Of course, this
info
      changes periodically as new virii are invented but it should help you.
      http://hackfix.org/miscfix/icons-av-all.shtml

      To access the whole site try http://hackfix.org/

      I've watched Norton and McAfee teeter back and forth from the low 80's
      100%  but I've seen only one AV remain at 100% the entire 4 years I've
been
      watching the site, and that's PC-Cillin.

      Pam

      >I just loaded all new virus programs on my home network.
      >Norton used to run longer than a year.
      >Not no more.
      >Boom it shuts down.
      >I am going to try AVG on a couple work stations.
      >But I brought Norton for the server.
      >Looking out.
      >Steve Clark
      >Moreno Valley, California
      >P.S.
      >Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

GIF image