[pcductape] Re: Fw: [PC-Ductape] Spreadsheet question

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carl <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:59:55 -0600

Hi Carl,

C> I was in too big a hurry and failed to explain my problem properly.
C> Somehow my spreadsheet of names and addresses became corrupt and I have one
C> person's name on line 1a and his address on line/row 2a and his zipcode on
C> line/row 3a.    I am trying to convert "row 2a" into column 1b
C> and "row 3a" into column 1c.

If this is a one-shot thing, here's what you can do:

In cell B1, type the formula

In cell C1, type the formula

Mark cells B1 and C1, and copy.  Then, mark cells B2 through the last
row of C, then paste.

Then, mark cells A1 through the last cell of C, copy, then right-click
on the marked area and select Paste Special.  When prompted, pick
"Values", hen click Ok.  This replaces the formulas with the actual

Then, you can go through and sort the list by column B, then you can
mark the 200 short lines and then delete them.