[pcductape] Re: Food for thought -

  • From: "Elaine" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:56:49 +0100

Please read this message and keep a copy for future reference.

The Pcductape Freelist  is an email list that has as its sole intention the
offering of assistance to computer users with their computer problems.

An email list is, a forum for communication between individuals, typically on a
given topic, that takes place through email. You receive all emails sent to the
group, and all other group members receive the messages that you send to the
group. You determine the level of your own participation.

There are moderators on the Pcductape list. The only time you will see them
exercising their rights as such,  is if someone is spamming or otherwise
abusing this list and/or its users. Otherwise, they simply ask and answer
questions like any other list member.

As with any club, we need to have a few rules to make the experience as
pleasant as possible for our members:

Please confine your messages to this list to computer related questions and
answers.
Offtopic subjects should be posted to
pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx  or
pcd-offtopic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

This list has ZERO tolerance for Spam and Spammers. If you Spam this list, you
will be immediately and permanently banned from the list and complaints will be
sent to your email provider, your web hosting service (if applicable), and
FreeLists.

Problems on this list are rare, and we'd like to keep it that way. Please treat
everyone on the list the way you would like to be treated yourself. All
moderators have the authority to take whatever steps they deem necessary, up to
and including banning a member, to handle disruptive or abusive situations. It
is our goal to make this list as user-friendly as possible.

When receiving a reply about a question, be aware that there is no guarantee
that the answer will work. This is a great group of people with a lot of
computer knowledge, but in many cases questions will not have easy and safe
answers. You are accepting answers from this group at your own risk.  And
remember, we're all doing this for free.

When answering questions, please make an effort to answer correctly and
completely to the best of your ability.

We hope you enjoy this list and find it useful.