[pcductape] Re: Firewalls

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:23:42 -0900

I will have to take a look at this sygate. I thought that xp took care of it all for me and I no longer had to mess with any of this stuff..
I remember when computing use to be fun..now it's more like a stress test.
certainly can turn one into a paranoid.

bill wingler wrote:

Yep, Trapper, XP does have a built in firewall. So many programs, cookies,
etc. want to "call home" though and I understand their firewall does not
block these, only blocks incoming stuff. Sygate would block everything
unless I gave it permission. To be honest, I don't know if the hardware
firewall blocks outgoing or not. But it blocks incoming in addition to
what XP does. XP's firewall can be turned off - the hardware firewall
cannot..... Bill