[pcductape] Re: Firewalls

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:06:55 -0500

Actually Bill, most routers/hardware firewalls CAN be configured to allow
different applications (FTP servers, voice chat, file sharing, etc...) access
to specific UDP and TCP ports or a single computer to be put in the DMZ
(completely opening ALL ports, incoming and outgoing).  Check the manual to
find out how to do this on your make/model.

Sandi