[pcductape] Re: Firewalls

  • From: "bill wingler" <bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:08:19 -0500

Yep, Trapper, XP does have a built in firewall.  So many programs, cookies,
etc. want to "call home" though and I understand their firewall does not
block these, only blocks incoming stuff.  Sygate would block everything
unless I gave it permission.  To be honest, I don't know if the hardware
firewall blocks outgoing or not.  But it blocks incoming in addition to
what XP does.  XP's firewall can be turned off - the hardware firewall
cannot.....   Bill