[pcductape] Re: Firefox

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:59 -0600

Hi Pam,

P> That doesn't get me there. Nor does Trapper's file path. I am
P> hoping to copy my bookmarks over from my old machine to my new one.
P> I probably should start over since it is a years old list that I
P> dont' even use all of them anymore but I don't want to lose the
P> good ones!

Works fine here.

Did you notice that one folder contains semi-random characters? It's
different on each system, therefore you can't simply type in the name
as given; you have to go there one step at a time. Type (or
cut-n-paste) this into Explorer's address bar:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Under Profiles, you should have a folder there with a semi-random
name. Go into that folder (it's named i77yhpsx.default on my system),
and the file that you want is bookmarks.html.

--
Scott.

Take a look at our homepage at http://pc-ductape.home.comcast.net/