[pcductape] Re: FW: Outlook Express won't open

  • From: "Eric Skeen" <northcom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:06:36 +0200

Some years ago, someone (Sandi? Trapper?) on this list pointed out a
way to do fancy signatures in a .gif file, and I have done just that.
What *should* be there is an old quill pen signing "Eric" in fancy
script. For some reason, the gif file apparently was never loaded onto
the webpage and I wasn't aware of this, because it shows up perfectly
in my computer! When I looked at it's properties I only then realised
that it has never been uploaded to the web page of my IP, but was
instead loading the picture from my computer's hard drive.

I have two ISP Servers, @lantic & GDS. This page is on the GDS server,
and unless I am very stupid (a definite possibility!) I don't seem to
be able to log into the GDS server when I'm on the @lantic one, using
an FTP program with the correct passwords etc. I imagine I would have
to be on the GDS server to make the necessary changes to the site. GDS
is more of a standby server, not my main one, and they frequently seem
to experience connectivity problems on the Internet so I do not
usually log on through them.

Attached is what is supposed to be showing.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~