[pcductape] Re: Eric's ISP=>bounced email

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:09:08 -0800

I guess I should get straight to the point on this, for those that don't get
what we are talking about. If one's ISP is down for any reason, email sent to
them at this time is bounced back to where it was sent from.  When this happens
to these group email things, the software controlling the group email functions,
show the emails as a bounce and may even cancel your subscription to the list,
thinking there is no one home. Usually cancellation wouldn't happen, unless the
bounces are continuous. If a lot of bounces are generated, it means your ISP is
down a lot, which isn't good.