[pcductape] Re: Dialtone, schmialtone..computer error message

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:01:49 -0600

I see everyone is very careful not to mention names.   However, I will
provide my experiences which are:
1- My dialup modem is with Sprint, one of the world's worse telephone
companies and of course there is lots of notice on the telephone lines
and the service is very very bad.
2- My cable modem is with Time Warner Houston Road Runner and the
connection is very very fast and the service is outstanding.
3- The cost of cable is $44.95 per month and the cost of DSL with Sprint
is $49.95.   I am located very far in distance from the routing office
for Sprint and was warned by neighbors to be careful of Sprint's DSL
service.
I have read on the Internet that various phone companies have been
required to stop using advertisements that say that cable connections
get slower when more and more users get connected because the
allegations are untrue;   false;  lies.
I use cable.
Carl
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx