[pcductape] Re: Dialtone, schmialtone..computer error message

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:22:07 -0600

Dave,

Sorry, I didn't specify my OS or details about the computer. It isn't really
new, just new to me. I bought it from a friend who is switching to a Mac for
graphics design courses. He was still using Win98, as was I. But it does
have the V90 modem.

One of the reasons I had the dedicated phone line shut off was the static. I
finally realized the money I would save from disconnecting is almost enough
to cover my cell phone bill. I have my main line set up to page my cell if
any messages are left while I am online.

I would like to have broadband but there aren't a lot of options for me
where I am. I can get cable, but when I subscribed to cable television, my
reception was never as good as it should have been and it was miserable
getting them to respond to service calls.

The only DSL available where I am is through the same phone company which
provides my phone service. Do you know if I would experience the same
problems logging on with DSL that I have with the  modem? As far as  noise
in the line obscuring a dial tone?

Jan