[pcductape] Re: Dialtone, schmialtone..computer error message

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:11:47 -0600

Dave,

First thing I usually do after receiving the message, after swearing of
course, is reboot. I still receive the same no dial tone message. Phone line
is plugged in properly. And since I only use a single phone line, I have the
phone plugged into the appropriate opening on the back of the computer.

When I brought the computer home, I made sure everything was hooked up
properly and have been online for a little over a week before I got the
first "no dial tone" message on the new one.

I sometimes have static in the background of phone calls, but no always.
Since I live just outside city limits where the first phone lines went up
many, many years ago, I am sure there are quite a few problems.

Is there anything I can do to compensate, or is this the phone company's
situation?

Thanks for your response?

Jan