[pcductape] Re: Dialtone, schmialtone..computer error message

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:33:06 -0500

The electronic gadget you are referring to is a filter and you do not need
that unless you are running DSL. It is used for a regular phone line or fax
that you would be using and still be able to use the DSL, you are not
running DSL, I am assuming.
Have you tried to reboot your computer to see if it then works after no
dial-tone?
Do you have the phone line plugged into the line jack on the modem, make
sure you do not have it plugged into phone connection on modem.
Have you tried a different phone jack in your home? It sounds like you may
have a newer V.92 modem and it is sensitive to noise and you may have noise
on your phone line.
What OS are you running? Dave