[pcductape] Re: Dialtone...

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Noble <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:25:50 -0600

Hello Bob,

BN> I believe a fix for that, is to go to the properties of the dial up,
somewhere
BN> you will find a check box that says to dial only when a dial tone is
detected.
BN> If you uncheck this, it will dial past the different sounding dial tone.

Yes, that does work; I fixed the same problem for a user a couple of
weeks ago. As soon as I hooked a real phone up to the
supposedly-dedicated modem line and heard that beeping dial tone, I
knew what the problem was.  A few moments later, it was dialing out
just fine.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx