[pcductape] Dialtone...

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:17:42 -0600

I may have discovered at least part of my problem with my computer not
detecting a dial tone.

My computer is hooked into the main ( and now only) phone line. I have call
notes which allows me to stay online without being bumped by call waiting.
Anyone who leaves a message will trigger a page alert through my cell phone.

When I kept getting the "no dialtone" message tonight, it took me several
hours to question whether or not the pulsating dial tone (which signals a
message has been left through Call Notes) could be the culprit. I cleared
the message and was instantly online.

Although I can't remember if I had messages waiting the times I couldn't get
online recently, but it does sound more feasible a solution than my throwing
the Haitian Voodoo doll away.

Jan

PS thanks for all the grea suggestions. I am definitely going to try
cleaning out the box on the outside of my house where the lines come in.