[pcductape] Re: Dell Laptop

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BREZZ132@xxxxxx" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:34:44 -0500

Hello Matt,

Bcc> Thanks for your reply!!!  I was able to get an old CD to read, (it was a
Bcc> "product recovery" CD from  an IBM PC) so, that means if I can find a
Bcc> 2000 CD from Dell - - - I might be able to re-load some of the original
Bcc> programs.  However, I' might have to re-format his Hard Drive, (assuming

This is usually a software problem, one of the files got corrupted or
deleted. If you can find the missing file (probably C:\NTLDR.) on
another Win2K computer and copy it over, that'll probably fix the
problem. Failing that, if you can find a W2K install CD and do a
repair, that should fix it, without losing anything.