[pcductape] Re: Dell Laptop

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 05:54:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/03 9:55:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< what  you need to do is change the bios setup hit F2 on boot up and change
 boot device to cd-rom first and then boot with a windows 2000 cd and do a
 repair in lieu of install. >>

Thanks for your reply!!!  I was able to get an old CD to read, (it was a
"product recovery" CD from  an IBM PC) so, that means if I can find a similar
2000 CD from Dell - - - I might be able to re-load some of the original Dell
programs.  However, I' might have to re-format his Hard Drive, (assuming the
Hard drive is still okay).  If the HD is bad - - - he might as well "junk"
the laptop, because the costs involved to fix it, would exceed its worth.  (I
never did like laptops).
Jupiter Matt