[pcductape] Re: Dell Laptop

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:36:55 -0400

Matt: You indicated your son is running wndows 2000, the NTLDR file is
needed for this system, so not so a sys c: from a bootdisk from win95\98. If
you do not have any repair floppies that you made then you need to put the
cd in and boot from the cd and then when you install you will see at one of
the set up screens the option to do a repair, select "R" to do a repair and
this should fix your boot up files. There is nothing you can use from
windows 98 or 95 to help him. Windows 2000 is an NT structure. Dave