[pcductape] Re: DSL

  • From: "Martha Bagwell" <mabagwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:51:21 -0600

I have to say setting up DSL was one of the easiest things I've ever done.
And with my Linksys router, all the computers were connected with no
problems!
I had Comcast cable connection and when it worked it was great.  Ever since
Comcast took over for AT&T I've had problems. The last month, everyday about
6:30 PM, the connection speed dropped so low it was slower than dialup. Web
pages times out all the time.  I got my email ok, but that was it. By the
next morning the speed would be back up. I called to complain and all of a
sudden it was better. Then about 1:30 AM Christmas day the fastest speed was
400 Baud! (I had already decided to switch to DSL, but it wasn't turned on
yet) Comcast never got any better.  I suspect someone is running an illegal
server on this node of Comcast.  But since they didn't see fit to
investigate, I changed to DSL.  So far it is great! True, download speeds
are slower, but I don't do much downloadin any more.

Martha

Martha's Web
http://www.keyboardpower.com