[pcductape] Cydoor, IGetNet,WhenU,Keenval

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:43:08 -0500

After running the Spybot last night, it got rid of A LOT of stuff! This
morning I ran Norton Antivirus again and it still found three of the
things on the list.  Cydoor was gone - Spybot must have gotten rid of
it.  I still have IGetNet, WhenU, and Keenval.  These are all on
Symantec's website as Spyware threats and they tell you how to remove
them, but they say to look in Add/Remove programs and none of them are
there.  Any other suggestions?

I installed the 15 Critical Updates for Windows also last night. Before
I install any of the Windows XP updates I have to uninstall some stuff
because I only have 1.5 gigs free on my C drive.

I'm going to run Adaware and Spybot again and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for your help!

~~Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...~~