[pcductape] Re: Can't take this out of startup!

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:51:47 -0500

MessageHi Lisa,

Your 1st message shows that the program does have it's own folder at
d:\Sweepstakes Alert.   I think there may be 2 or 3 different ways to get rip
of the unwanted program.

1)- It appears to be spyware and if it is I suspect "spybot" will identify it
and remove it ok, or

2)- If you went to the folder D:\Sweepstakes Alert and deleted swpalert.exe,
the program would have a registry entry pointing nowhere and a "registry
cleaner" would remove the unwanted registry entry, or

3)- Use regedit at the run command and hack your registry for all
"swpalert.exe" entries and all Sweepstakes entries and remove.   Remember to
backup the registry 1st.   :-)