[pcductape] Re: Can anyone tell me what this means?

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:09:08 -0600

MessageHi Lisa,
Go to this site and it will explain more in detail what this Messenger
Service is, how it is being exploited, and how to protect yourself from it.
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

The first time I received one of these messenger service spams it was from a
company that was so sly.  They stated that spammers were going to start
using this avenue to send their spams on a specific date, and I should go to
this web site and download this patch they were selling for 9.95.  The
"patch" was legit, in that it really did what they said it would, but it was
nothing that any of us couldn't do for free.  The kicker to me was that they
were the only spammers using that hole that they wanted me to pay them to
fix.