[pcductape] Re: Can anyone tell me what this means?

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:37:10 -0600

Hi Lisa,
It depends on the URL so I guess the answer to your question would be no.  I
believe what Vic was talking about is when the link says, for example,
www.microsoft.patch.com, but in an html email it could really be directing
you to www.getavirus.com .
Ever clicked on a link at a web site that said "Click here" to go to
someplace?  Well, those words, "click here", are just words, programmed to
be able to take you wherever, and could easily say "dont click here" or
"have an ice cream" or "www.somewhere.com" and still take you to the exact
same page that the "click here" link took you.  An html link is capable of
saying anything at all, and take you to anywhere at all.  It does not have
to take you to the website that you see in print.
Hope that makes sense.